Secondary MX - Messages deferred...

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

kwiky

Secondary MX - Messages deferred...

Post by kwiky »

Hi, first of all thank you for giving the basic feature for free!!

I created an account on rollernet this week, in order to use it as Secondary MX.
I set every thing up in my DNS settings.
And i decided to see what happens when my main MX is down, so i stopped de process and begun sending mails from several differents locations.
Rollernet receives all the messages but seems not to store them :(
In the Incoming Log I see from every message the following entry :

Connection from 80.65.xx.xx (xxxx.xx.net) deferred by mail.rollernet.us
To: my_user@mydomain.nu Date: 2006-05-18 00:31:41
Instance: 4ef7.446c30f7.0
Message: Unable to validate recipient address, try again later (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Similar entries are entered for every message I sent, from different locations : gmail.com, my provider, private linux server ....

After restarting my main MX, the messages arrive, but there is nothing concerning rollernet.us in the messages headers.

Notice that "my_user" is in the valid users list for my domain.

Another test, using telnet directly on mail.rollernet.us:25 worked fine with the same e-mail adress, the mail has been sent to my main server.

So:
I don't know what "deferred" means to you.
Are my messages yet stored by rollernet??
Is the work of rollernet transparent in the e-mail's headers??

Thank a lot for your help !!

Alex!
Hope my english is good enough for you to understance ;)
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

You'll need to configure the valid user table for the domain before the system can accept messages while the primary mail server is offline. Domains in "Allow" mode are subject to inline verification on the recipient address, unless otherwise configured.

If your mail server only accepts messages for valid users and rejects all others: change the default action to "Deny" and configure the list of valid users.

If your mail server will accept any recipient: change the default action to "Allow" and set "Disable Inline Recipient Verification" to "Yes".

These measures are required in order to prevent backscatter from being generated by our system. The valid user table can be found under the "Mail Handling" section:

http://acc.rollernet.us/mail/handling.php
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
kwiky

Post by kwiky »

Thank you for your answer!

It works fine now... had just to set "Disable Inline Recipient Verification" to "Yes" :oops: :oops:

Thanks again :)