Download logs of hosted mailbox

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

timtowtdi

Download logs of hosted mailbox

Post by timtowtdi »

Is there any way to download the logs with IP-addresses having connected to a hosted mailbox using IMAP?
I may be having a security issue here, but I can't seem to find such a feature which I find pretty essential in these situations.
(and for mail hosting services in general)

Really would like to know.
Thanks in advance,

Tim.
Beware of the Klowns
Seth
Site Admin

Re: Download logs of hosted mailbox

Post by Seth »

We have logs for IMAP and POP3, but only on request. The system only shows the most recent IP address in the control center.
Seth Mattinen, Roller Network LLC
timtowtdi

Post by timtowtdi »

Seth wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:33 pm
We have logs for IMAP and POP3, but only on request. The system only shows the most recent IP address in the control center.
Thanks for the quick response.
I hope I am mistaken, but I think I do not see IMAP connection logs.
The only logs I find are Incoming Mail Logs (smtpd), Outgoing/Delivery Logs (smtp) and Outbound Account (AUTH - smtpauth), which are descibed here: https://acc.rollernet.us/mail/log.php.

Can you please point me to where I can find/download these most recent IMAP connection logs?

Thanks again,

Tim
Beware of the Klowns
Seth
Site Admin

Post by Seth »

It's not exactly a log, it just shows the most recent connection IP address and timestamp.

Go to: https://acc.rollernet.us/mail/box.php

And click on the "View Mail Box Statistics" link. It will change view to show storage use, last IP, and last login time.

Edit: Access from webmail will always show the IP address of the webmail server: 2607:fe70:0:14::a
Seth Mattinen, Roller Network LLC