Adding whitelist notes/comments

New ideas and constructive comments go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Black20VT

Adding whitelist notes/comments

Post by Black20VT »

Hi,

I've been adding a few IP's to the 'Mail Whitelist' after tightening up security to prevent SPAM. However, as I add more IP's, I'm finding myself scratching my head remembering what they're for... :oops:

Therefore, I was hoping that it would be possible to put in a quick fix of an extra column to add a reason or note next to each one so they can be easily identified why they're there. Then if I ever go back, rather than having to try to find out what each IP is for, I can see at a glance (ensuring my comments are clear) and make the relevant changes much quicker.

Does that make sense and is it possible?

Thanks.
Black20VT

Re: Adding whitelist notes/comments

Post by Black20VT »

Just wondering if this was something that was going on the radar, or was just a bad suggestion? :oops:

Thanks.
Seth
Site Admin

Post by Seth »

There was a "comment" field a long time ago, but the code was removed due to non-use. I could add it back but it'd be relatively low on the priority list.
Seth Mattinen, Roller Network LLC
Black20VT

Post by Black20VT »

Seth wrote:There was a "comment" field a long time ago, but the code was removed due to non-use. I could add it back but it'd be relatively low on the priority list.
That'll be great if it could be added back in, thanks :wink:
Black20VT

Post by Black20VT »

Seth wrote:There was a "comment" field a long time ago, but the code was removed due to non-use. I could add it back but it'd be relatively low on the priority list.
Was hoping there might be some progress on this? I use whitelists quite a bit and not having notes / comments makes it hard to go back to and know why they were added?