The List

New ideas and constructive comments go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Black20VT

The List

Post by Black20VT »

Hi,

Was reading the NewsPipe earlier and remembered 'The List', so took a look.

Am I correct in thinking that last update date is in American format, so last updated 1st July 2011? How often is it updated, so things added, things removed / completed etc?

Also, would be great to see what's been completed and when, perhaps with a strikethrough and date? Will bill nice for people who happen to be looking to see what's been developed over time.

Thanks.
Seth
Site Admin

Re: The List

Post by Seth »

There's really no set form to it. My internal list of things is currently 48 items long. Usually when I start working on something major it'll go on the list (if I remember) and take it off when I post an announcement. A history of the minor stuff can be found under the "changes" category and major ones under "announcements" (or both). There are also things I don't want to list ahead of time because I'd prefer to keep them under wraps until release, usually features that will be relatively unique to Rollernet's service. Mostly though I forget to update it.

The date on that page is in ascending format, so YYYYMMDD (add dashes for readability). I use this format out of habit because it makes dealing with date comparisons in code ridiculously easy: it's an always-increasing integer. The most common written US format is DD/MM/YYYY.
Seth Mattinen, Roller Network LLC
Black20VT

Re: The List

Post by Black20VT »

Thanks for the update. I was wondering if it was still used / relevant and thanks for clarifying the date format. I noticed it's changed on the site too.

Is 'The List' due to be updated soon? :wink: