Mail logs, outbound mail accounts

New ideas and constructive comments go here.

Moderator: Moderators

flexxcom

Mail logs, outbound mail accounts

Post by flexxcom »

Acutally these are two issues.

First, I need to have an existing Mail Domain before I can create an Outbound mail account.
Now I have a non-used incoming Mail Domains to use an Outbound mail account.
Is it possible to seperate this?

Second I have a few accounts originating from before above was implemented, they don't have corresponding Mail Domains. I also have a few Outbound Mailserver account.
For both types of account, it's not possible to view logs.
Is it possible to implement this?

Thank you in advance.
Seth
Site Admin

Re: Mail logs, outbound mail accounts

Post by Seth »

flexxcom wrote:Acutally these are two issues.

First, I need to have an existing Mail Domain before I can create an Outbound mail account.
Now I have a non-used incoming Mail Domains to use an Outbound mail account.
Is it possible to seperate this?
Not really. If your account doesn't "own" the domain, someone else could create accounts with your domain. There are probably other abuse scenarios I haven't thought of but locking it to one account is the easiest way to secure it. We can look in to adding an "outbound only" mode or something to separate them within the account control center and prevent them from showing up in the other management sections.

flexxcom wrote: Second I have a few accounts originating from before above was implemented, they don't have corresponding Mail Domains. I also have a few Outbound Mailserver account.
For both types of account, it's not possible to view logs.
Is it possible to implement this?

Thank you in advance.
Yes, that will be fixed (among many other things) with the rewrite of the outbound mail logs. I don't have a release date at this time.
Seth Mattinen, Roller Network LLC