Mail Log

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

kakueh

Mail Log

Post by kakueh »

Dear all,

Nine out of Ten times that I tried to view the mail log the webpage would hang. Is this due to the system under load or is there something wrong with the server. The message is as below. Thanks.

The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://acc.rollernet.us/maillog.php

The following error was encountered:

We can not connect to the server you have requested.

This means that:

The server might be busy at this time.
The server is not reachable.

Please try later to see if you can go through.
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

Are you using some kind of web proxy or other proxy server to connect? The mail log query has to sort through tens of millions of entries to assemble the results for any given domain, so it won't respond instantly. Even though all the search fields are indexed, it still takes a while to sort through with the hardware we currently have. If you are using a proxy or something else that expects a response in certain number of seconds, you'll probably get timeout errors.

The reason it responds faster the second time through the same query it because its been cached in memory. Our database server is quite busy, but is by no means overloaded. If you can log in to the account manager, it's working.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
kakueh

Post by kakueh »

I not connected to any proxy but behind a NAT device. But I understand the situation. Thanks for the explanation.

Regards,
Kueh.