Migration from Tuffmail?

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

MikeV99

Migration from Tuffmail?

Post by MikeV99 »

I am thinking about moving my Tuffmail account and have some questions. I just need 2 mailboxes (one for myself and one for my wife), 1GB or 2GB of storage, support for 3 or 4 domains that have a lot of aliases, spam/virus filters, folder/sub folders, and so on.

Does Rollernet have a(n)
  1. Deny/Allow feature for incoming sender domains?
  2. Daily Report feature to email a list of delivered, rejected, virus removals message stats by mailbox?
  3. Migration tool to import aliases for my domains?
  4. Migration tool to import my email folders and messages?
  5. Means to define a reject aliases policy?
  6. Push option for iPad Mail app?
Why does RN forward alternate email source popped emails rather than drop them into mailbox?

I do not see a 30 day trial feature. I guess I could open an account for a month and see if I can get things to work?

Mike
Seth
Site Admin

Re: Migration from Tuffmail?

Post by Seth »

MikeV99 wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:22 am
Deny/Allow feature for incoming sender domains?
There are blacklist and whitelist settings.
MikeV99 wrote:
Daily Report feature to email a list of delivered, rejected, virus removals message stats by mailbox?
No, only the online mail logs.
MikeV99 wrote:
Migration tool to import aliases for my domains?
Migration tool to import my email folders and messages?
We don't have any migration tools that can import settings from other providers.
MikeV99 wrote:
Means to define a reject aliases policy?
I don't know what that would translated to in our system, is there a documentation link for what that is at Tuffmail?
MikeV99 wrote:
Push option for iPad Mail app?
Yes, there's a Z-Push based ActiveSync service. It just interfaces with IMAP on the back end though, no contact or calendar sync, for example.
MikeV99 wrote:
Why does RN forward alternate email source popped emails rather than drop them into mailbox?
When the feature was designed, users still wanted to be able to run externally sourced messages through processing like any other incoming message. There is an item on our to do list to update this feature, but it's not a priority.
MikeV99 wrote:
I do not see a 30 day trial feature. I guess I could open an account for a month and see if I can get things to work?
We don't have trials. Our system was originally designed as a free-with-donations supported service, which makes some things exceptionally difficult, like adding trial functionality. Locking features out based on a "level" (originally donated or not-donated) easily translated into paid levels. Adding support for trials is not a priority although we would add it if it becomes convenient to do so with minimal effort.
Seth Mattinen, Roller Network LLC