Outlook 2016 and Exchange Activesync

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

bradley568

Outlook 2016 and Exchange Activesync

Post by bradley568 »

I had been using Outlook.com to pick up my email from Rollernet, to allow me to sync my contacts, calendars, etc. This worked well until Outlook.com did an upgrade that now messed up the ability to specify an alias for my reply-to email address.
I looked at the Rollernet settings and see that you now have an exchange option.
I tried to setup the Exchange option but unfortunately it appears that there is a configuration problem between Outlook 2016 and the way it uses Exchange Activesync.
Do you know of any way to set this up so that I can use the Exchange Activesync piece with Outlook 2016?
Seth
Site Admin

Re: Outlook 2016 and Exchange Activesync

Post by Seth »

This could have been due to the wildcard SSL certificate we were using for activesync.rollernet.us. We've moved it to using a Let's Encrypt certificate which is named, not a wildcard cert.
Seth Mattinen, Roller Network LLC
bradley568

Post by bradley568 »

Thanks for the info. I've started using the Outlook.com interface as it let's met reply with any alias that I need and it works pretty well with everything I use. I may test this just to see if it makes any difference.
Seth
Site Admin

Post by Seth »

Our activesync interface isn't going to be as well supported as others. We have it available and it generally works, but we don't do any in-depth testing beyond login on a device and sending a couple test messages.
bradley568

Post by bradley568 »

Thanks for the feedback. I probably will stay with outlook.com then as it is working fairly well via their online interface.
Seth
Site Admin

Post by Seth »

The users we primarily see using our activesync service are with mobile devices for push mail notifications, but they still use IMAP on desktop clients.
bradley568

Post by bradley568 »

But with the IMAP settings I don't think we can synchronize the contacts and calendars, can we?
Seth
Site Admin

Post by Seth »

No, you can't, but that might not work on our activesync connector anyway. It was only tested as push mail on mobile clients since that was the original request.

Here's the original thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=619&p=2358

Not much has really changed since its "experimental" status back in 2012.