Stale zone records on NS2.rollernet.us

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

mariu5z

Stale zone records on NS2.rollernet.us

Post by mariu5z »

Hello,

Recently, I have signed up for the Secondary DNS service with you, and I was able to transfer my zone file for d8a.us from my unpublished primary DNS server. The problem is that only your ns1.rollernet.us is reflecting the correct zone records. The ns2.rollernet.us is still pointing to some stale zone data from many years ago when I used your service. Can this be fixed/synced, so that both DNS servers have the same correct zone file records? My primary DNS is configured to allow communication and notification with both of your secondary DNS servers.

Thanks for any help,
Mariusz
Seth
Site Admin

Re: Stale zone records on NS2.rollernet.us

Post by Seth »

Click the delete zone file button (trash can icon) under the configuration screen where it shows the zone file status.
Seth Mattinen, Roller Network LLC
mariu5z

Post by mariu5z »

I have actually read the FAQ and I deleted my zone before posting here. That fixed only the NS1, but not NS2. They were both wrong in the beginning. I'll try again and this time I'll wait 24h before re-adding it, instead of 15 min. Hopefully that will do it. Thanks.
Seth
Site Admin

Post by Seth »

Deleting the zone and deleting the zone files are different; which one did you do?
Seth Mattinen, Roller Network LLC
mariu5z

Post by mariu5z »

Seth wrote:Deleting the zone and deleting the zone files are different; which one did you do?
Thank you for your reply.
I did both. Several days ago, when both secondary servers were showing old records, I deleted and re-added the whole zone and that updated the NS1, but not NS2. Today about 3 hours ago, I went to the control panel and removed just the zone file for the NS2. I waited about 30 minutes, upped the serial # on my primary and notified the secondary servers. NS2 still shows "No Zone File", but when I go to the rollernet logs, it shows that NS1 and NS2 communicated with my primary and both reflect the correct serial number. However only NS1 received the zone records transfer. So, right now NS2 says that it has no zone file, but it still responds with some bogus information. What should I do?

nslookup d8a.us ns1.rollernet.us
Server: UnKnown
Address: 208.79.240.3
Name: d8a.us
Address: 162.194.29.129

nslookup d8a.us ns2.rollernet.us
Server: UnKnown
Address: 208.79.241.3
Name: d8a.us
Address: 72.219.163.165
mariu5z

Post by mariu5z »

Ok, I checked again today and it looks like both secondary servers are responding with the correct information. Thank you for all your help.