Emails are not sent (Redirection or Forward)

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

truckerron

Emails are not sent (Redirection or Forward)

Post by truckerron »

Hi,

Since a few days I am no longer receiving email, which should be redirected via SMTP Redirection service in Rollernet. On my server side I cannot find anything. So I wanted to create an emergency solution until I figure out what is wrong. In Rollernet I have now all email forward to my gmail account, so I can see the 30 messages that are in the queu.
In the Mail Domain page I see the SMTP redirect is changed to 'forward to xxx@gmail.com. So I hit Send emails now (in queu page) but they are not sent. What am I doing wrong in both cases (SMTP redirect and Email Forward).

Tnx, Ron
Seth
Site Admin

Re: Emails are not sent (Redirection or Forward)

Post by Seth »

Messages already in queue can only be sent via an SMTP path; forwarding can't be applied.

Check the mail logs to find out why redirection isn't working.
Seth Mattinen, Roller Network LLC
truckerron

Post by truckerron »

Tnx, I tried out with a testmail and they are indeed forwarded since the change of service. About SMTP redirection, a typical entry in the rollernet log (hundreds by now) is:

Code: Select all

Delivery attempt from mail2.rollernet.us deferred after 257562 seconds
To: zenwalk@mydomain.nl	Date: 2011-01-01 13:53:22
connect to 88.159.209.58[88.159.209.58]: Connection timed out
On server side there are many log files, so I am not sure in which one I can find the magical answer or reason why mail is not accepted, or why no connection is made.

I also have a second domain, for which I have recently set the mx records to rollernet, but no mail arrives. This domain has no queu and no mails are forwarded. What did I forget, since I don't think this is rollernet problem, but maybe a record I forgot? Both my domains have the same records set at my domain provider (I only use domain registration and I can online change things myself).

Regards, Ron
Seth
Site Admin

Post by Seth »

truckerron wrote:Tnx, I tried out with a testmail and they are indeed forwarded since the change of service. About SMTP redirection, a typical entry in the rollernet log (hundreds by now) is:

Code: Select all

Delivery attempt from mail2.rollernet.us deferred after 257562 seconds
To: zenwalk@mydomain.nl	Date: 2011-01-01 13:53:22
connect to 88.159.209.58[88.159.209.58]: Connection timed out
On server side there are many log files, so I am not sure in which one I can find the magical answer or reason why mail is not accepted, or why no connection is made.
Well, all we can tell on our side is that the server is not responding and/or timing out. If it's a simple matter of it not responding fast enough, try turning on the "slow delivery" option to increase the timeouts before our servers give up. If your ISP started using port blocking, try changing the port your server accepts on (and update our side to use the new port).
truckerron wrote:I also have a second domain, for which I have recently set the mx records to rollernet, but no mail arrives. This domain has no queu and no mails are forwarded. What did I forget, since I don't think this is rollernet problem, but maybe a record I forgot? Both my domains have the same records set at my domain provider (I only use domain registration and I can online change things myself).
If it's an existing domain wait for the TTL to time out and try again; it's likely cached.
Seth Mattinen, Roller Network LLC