Microsoft Exchange 2007 can't send

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

mark10

Microsoft Exchange 2007 can't send

Post by mark10 »

I am trying to setup Exchange 2007 on a Windows 2003 platform to work with Rollernet.

I have configured a Send connector in Exchange. The smarthost ID is smtpauth.rollernet.us. At Rollernet I have setup the outbound mail section as mail server with an account Name and a password and have entered these into the security section of Exchange using Basic Authentication with TLS enabled. I have also changed my outbound port for this send connector from the default 25, which is blocked by my ISP, to 587 and now 80.

I have also setup the receive connector in exchange and just configured the mx records at godaddy for mail.rollernet.us and mail2.rollernet.us with priority 0 on both.

When I try to send messages out of my Exchange server I receive the error:
Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: EXCHANGE.domainxxx.com

recipient_address@yahoo.com
smtpauth.rollernet.us #554 5.7.1 <user@domainxxx.com>: Sender address rejected: MAIL FROM domain name domainxxx.com does not have any MX records - try again later. ##

I editted the message to remove the actual email addresses and server names and replaced the domain name with domainxxx.

What am I missing. If I just configured a new email account in outlook to send using smtpauth.rollernet.us, then I can send mail without issue, but using Exchange, I cannot send mail.

Also, what MX records does it mean that I don't have? I thought MX records were for inbound mail.

I also configured a SPF at Godaddy and not sure if it is correct. Please check and let me know if this is what it should be. This is all shown on one line with no quotes at the beginning or end (not sure if those are needed).
v=spf1 ip4:67.118.43.88/29 include:_spf.rollernet.us include:m._spf.rollernet.us include:a._spf.rollernet.us mx -all

Please help.
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

Please use the actual email address and domain name; they are key to resolving your issue. If you do not want to post them in a public forum you will need to resend this issue to us via email to generate a support ticket. The MX record check is a security restriction to prevent abuse of the service. The complete list of restrictions can be found here:

https://acc.rollernet.us/help/smtpauth.php#restrictions

With regards to SPF, that record is incorrect. It appears to be copied from the rollernet.us domain. Please see the outbound mail documentation:

https://acc.rollernet.us/help/smtpauth.php

It indicates the following for SPF under the configuration section:
SPF

If your domain has SPF records, please add "include:a._spf.rollernet.us" to authorize our Outbound Mail service as a valid mail source.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC