SMTP redirection service mail log

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

maxfloden

SMTP redirection service mail log

Post by maxfloden »

Hi,

I just started using this service and so far it seems to working great!
But... when I click the mail log I get "FATAL: unable to get domain list!" whenever I select a domain and click "Show logs".
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

Oops... I'm in the process of migrating the account manager to a new server, and it seems I overlooked that part of the system. I'll have it fixed when the account manager is running on the new server. It is still logging, the display logs part is just broken at the moment.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
maxfloden

Post by maxfloden »

Ok, thanks.
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

The new account manager, with fixed logging display and a few new options, is now available.
Roller Network LLC
maxfloden

Post by maxfloden »

When I try to check my account (http://acc.rollernet.us/) all I get is a screen full of garbage:

[quote]
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

How... odd. Although I think it was because the output compression option in PHP was enabled. I turned it off, so give it a try now.
Roller Network LLC
maxfloden

Post by maxfloden »

Yep, now it's working, thanks.
I also see that the mail logs are enabled again. However, when I check my domains the logs turn up empty. I also think I have receieved more spam since I switched to rollernet than before (but not as much as way back before I used blacklist filters, spamcop).
Have I set it up wrong or is it just not showing in the log?
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

If you are using blacklists on your mail server, but don't have them set up in the account manager, a common tactic of spammers is to try the other MX hosts if any of them reject the connection. Right now there's support for DNSBL (i.e. spamcop, SORBS, Spamhaus, etc.) and SPF. Coming soon is Greylisting and blacklisting. All filtering is disabled by default.

By default each domain is set to only log if there are filters enabled - if you're using blacklists like spamcop on your mail server, you might want to go into the account manager and add them to match the blacklists being used on your mail server; it's under the DNSBL section.
Roller Network LLC
maxfloden

Post by maxfloden »

My fault, I had only registered spamcop as dnsbl for one of my domains. Now everything works like a charm. Thanks and Merry Christmas!
maxfloden

Post by maxfloden »

Follow up on my log question:
In the log entries are color coded - green entries are relayed ok and red ones are not relayed.
All green entries have the result "ok" but what about the red ones - many of these also have "ok" (the others have "REJECT xxx is blacklisted by bl.spamcop.net and can't relay mail here!").

Could you clarify what the reason is for an "ok" red entry not to be relayed if these are not blacklisted at spamcop?

Thanks.
maxfloden

Post by maxfloden »

After looking a bit more at my own logs it seems all entries marked "ok" get relayed. Maybe this is just a problem with the color coding?
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

It's probably just a mixup with the color coding; I added some more parameters to include other results (like header tagging) that aren't actually being used yet. I'll double check the display code.
Roller Network LLC