Greylist using on local server

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

LukeM

Greylist using on local server

Post by LukeM »

If greylisting is not used with basic sevice Mail Redirect will I have to whitelist rollernet.us on my server if I use greylisting? If so why?
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

Our servers will always retry (up to three weeks), making Greylisting effectively useless when used against connections coming from our servers. Your mail will simply be delayed, but 100% of it will still come through.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
LukeM

Post by LukeM »

I was afraid that was going to be the answer. :(

Thanks for the quick response, Luke
LukeM

Post by LukeM »

Ok I white list your redirect server, will that still delay the actual message of your server redirect if I keep greylisting enabled?
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

If our servers are the source of mail, such as the case with alternate-port redirect, using Greylisting on your server won't really do anything useful. It won't break anything; at worst, it will just cause extra delays on incoming messages.
Roller Network LLC
LukeM

Post by LukeM »

I guess the only way would be for some type of transparent fowarding such as can be used with Stunnel and a *nix type os. (stunnel.org) and that would allow receiving server to do it's own PTRs, RBLs etc.
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

That's the only other way around it; we can do VPN class services, but we definitely won't do that for free. Or, if you know someone who is willing to act as an endpoint and has routable IP addresses to spare, that'll work too.
Roller Network LLC