DNS Report Failure - MX Records

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

Black20VT

DNS Report Failure - MX Records

Post by Black20VT »

Hi,

I've just introduced greylisting and the ELHO/HELO delay and carried out a DNS Report and my backup rollernet MX records seem to be failing for some reason.

Here's the result:

- - -

FAIL

Connect to mail servers

ERROR: I could not complete a connection to one or more of your mailservers:
mail.rollernet.us: The mailserver terminated the connection before the transaction was complete (state 8 ). This is not RFC compliant, and therefore either due to an error, or it may be the result of a non-RFC-compliant mailserver or non-RFC-compliant anti-spam program.

mail2.rollernet.us: The mailserver terminated the connection before the transaction was complete (state 8 ). This is not RFC compliant, and therefore either due to an error, or it may be the result of a non-RFC-compliant mailserver or non-RFC-compliant anti-spam program.

- - -

I'm sure it's nothing to serious, but any idea exactly what could be causing it and how I can fix it?

Thanks.
Black20VT

Post by Black20VT »

It appears I might have been a bit hasty. :oops:

I seem to have fixed it myself by adding a few email addresses to the whitelist and excluding them from greylisting.

All now seems back in order.

Apologies :P
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

I've noticed that the failure you noted only shows up if the response return is a 4xx "defer", such as from Greylisting or "defer all" mode. It's not really broken, but I suppose their parser doesn't like 4xx responses.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC