mail rejecting and domain in defer all

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

wkuypers

mail rejecting and domain in defer all

Post by wkuypers »

hello,
I have a domain where the qmail is in catch-all and the only anti-spam is spamhaus, that is also checked by rollernet. So there should be no problem for all email from rollernet to be accepted by my server.
Nevertheless my domain was put in 'defer all' because de mail server rejected a message. Aparently the message was too big :

rejected by: bounced (host ns3585.ovh.net[213.186.39.69] said: 552 sorry, that message size exceeds my databytes limit (#5.3.4) (in reply to end of DATA command))

Is it possible not check on this (on to leave a domain in accept all), or to be able to configure on rollernet the maximum size of the message ?

thanks
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

We can work on adding a maximum byte size setting.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
wkuypers

Post by wkuypers »

glendale2x wrote:We can work on adding a maximum byte size setting.
OK; is there a way I get warned juste once and at the next time only then the domain is in defer all. Or send out a warning every hour, that a domain was in defer all.

All my configurations should be correct, which means that if there is backscatter, there is a problem somewhere that I have to resolve.

Which means also that there should be at least the possibility to put two addresses for such email warnings , because where have several people surveying our servers.

I had one domain that was in defer all for other reasons, and I did not see an email in my inbox, which meant they were for 3 days without email from one domainname. In a professionnel environment this is hard to justify.

Thanks,
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Warnings are currently sent to the account primary email address once at the time the domain is set to defer mode. There's a second option for "Alert Email Address". These settings are under account preferences.

We can add an option for hourly alerts to the preferences.
Roller Network LLC
wkuypers

Post by wkuypers »

glendale2x wrote:Warnings are currently sent to the account primary email address once at the time the domain is set to defer mode. There's a second option for "Alert Email Address". These settings are under account preferences.

We can add an option for hourly alerts to the preferences.
thanks
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

A configuration option for "Maximum Message (DATA) Size" has been added to the account control center. It can be found under a new "Advanced Options" section in the mail domain settings, which can be accessed by clicking on a domain name in the mail services section.

This feature is not yet active in the filter core, but you can configure the settings now and they will take effect with the next filter core upgrade.
Roller Network LLC