450 server configuration errors

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

thisbejoe7

450 server configuration errors

Post by thisbejoe7 »

I am not sure exactly for how long, but I'm noticing the sending mail servers are starting to queue mail for my 3 domains I have setup on rollernet for mail redirection. The error sending mail servers get is (450 server configuration error). This is affecting my 3 domains, and probably others using the rollernet network. I've rebooted my servers and noticed that occasionally a mail message slips through. Can someone please check mail.rollernet.us and mail2.rollernet.us for problems. I tried using telnet to send some tests but also got (bad address syntax) messages when entering the from line.

Thanks
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

Do you mean our servers are sending out "450 server configuration error" or your server is? If it's yours, and you're running Postfix with a policy filter, that means something is wrong with the policy filter. If it's from us, we had a connection problem with one of our databases behind our load balancer yesterday (August 23) around 5:12pm PDT (GMT -7); that problem was quickly corrected and we haven't noticed any further issues.

If you're manually sending SMTP commands to our servers, we require addresses to be in strict format; i.e. enclosed by < and >. Example:

MAIL FROM:<support@rollernet.us>

If you don't use that format, you'll get an error.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
thisbejoe7

info

Post by thisbejoe7 »

I am getting this error from your servers. I have an Exchange mail system specifically I can see this from, plus mail sent from outside sources like yahoo or msn, also don't get delivered and end up trickling through over the course of serveral hours. I see messages I send from Exchange at my work, in the queue delayed with reason code (450 server configuration error). I don't have any other MX records on my domains but rollernets, so I think its something wtih your mail servers. I have my filter policy on my rollernet account set to default allow, but was still getting it before I changed it to that, as I was using default deny with a valud user table.
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Is it happening right now?
Roller Network LLC
thisbejoe7

no

Post by thisbejoe7 »

I just sent more tests and everything seems to be working ok now. I sent two tests from yahoo and they came through in seconds, and I just sent a test from the same Exchange mail system at work and it came right through. Whatever the problem was, appears to be fixed. I didn't do anything to my systems, so I still can't explain what was causing it. Now I have to wait for sending mail servers to re-queue mail that could not make it through before. I'll probably see mail come in tomorrow with a sent date of today.
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

It looks like someone is flooding mail.rollernet.us; we'll just null route their IP address.
Roller Network LLC