client validity check cached not considered auto-learn actif

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

wkuypers

client validity check cached not considered auto-learn actif

Post by wkuypers »

Hello,
I have two problems.
I have a domain credal.be with auto-learn activated. A certain user is in the cached table, but it seems the webaddress is still checked for the validity of the user for a moment today.
this is the message
@credal.be Date: 2006-06-23 13:34:29
Instance: 1f19.449bd1b6.0
Message: Unable to validate recipient address, try again later (in reply to RCPT TO command) - cached

this means it tested the http address but could not verify the user, but it should not test the user because it is in the cached table.

This also indicates another problem because every day i get messages that the server cannot be found for the validity check, whereas the server was on-line. I think it has to be a problem with the interconnexion of the server which is http://sv4.pragmacom.be. I don't know if the problem of the interconnexion is on your site, of on my hosting company ?
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

We're looking in to the problem right now.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
wkuypers

Post by wkuypers »

glendale2x wrote:We're looking in to the problem right now.
Still going on today, I am certain the user exists and is cached in the client validity table, but smtp still tries to check whether the user is valid.
(and the problem that it does not succeed ...)

@durbuy.be Date: 2006-06-26 11:15:06
Instance: 49aa.449fa5b4.0
Message: Unable to validate recipient address, try again later (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Thanks,
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

This indicates the failure mode has been triggered, due to a malformed response from the auto-learning method chosen, or a network timeout. In the case of HTTP, it could be anything like the webserver being unreachable or the script took too long to respond.

When an error occurs attempting to query if the user is valid or not, (i.e. it wasn't in the cached data table), further lookups are suspended for the time set in the "Verification Retry" option. During this time, the response set in the "Action On Failure" setting is returned. Try increasing the "Verification Timeout" setting to allow more time for a response if indeed it is a slow response problem.

We'll also work on adding some additional logging so you will know if the system is in failure mode and any errors that may have caused it to go into failure mode.
Roller Network LLC
wkuypers

Post by wkuypers »

glendale2x wrote:This indicates the failure mode has been triggered, due to a malformed response from the auto-learning method chosen, or a network timeout. In the case of HTTP, it could be anything like the webserver being unreachable or the script took too long to respond.

When an error occurs attempting to query if the user is valid or not, (i.e. it wasn't in the cached data table), further lookups are suspended for the time set in the "Verification Retry" option. During this time, the response set in the "Action On Failure" setting is returned. Try increasing the "Verification Timeout" setting to allow more time for a response if indeed it is a slow response problem.
For me the problem is that the user exists in the cached data table and that it should not try to verify the recipient email, what obviously happens. So increasing response time doesn't make difference, the problem is elsewhere.
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

It's checking for the fail flag before it checks the cache; we'll fix that so it checks the cache first.
Roller Network LLC
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

The cache/fail order should now be fixed; please let us know if you are still having problems with this feature.
Roller Network LLC
wkuypers

Post by wkuypers »

glendale2x wrote:The cache/fail order should now be fixed; please let us know if you are still having problems with this feature.
Great, i have no more failures on existing users; this is important because if my server with the user database is out or the interconnexion is not good, emails will continue to go through.

Many thanks !