valid user table - qmail and ezmlm

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

sandrews

valid user table - qmail and ezmlm

Post by sandrews »

Hi All,

So that EZ Mail List Manager ezmlm (part of qmail) can handle auto maint of mail lists, when it sends a message on behalf of the list, it will create a custom reply-to address to handle bounces. This changes for each message sent out by the list.
These are random reply-to adresses (we to me at least) so it's not possible to create a valid user entry for my list posts, meaning bounces wont make it back to the list so it wont auto clean.

Does the valid user table support wildcards?

Has anyone else come accross this issue before?
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

It actually does support conditional matching, but the feature is hidden. I was waiting for a valid reason to use it to come up, because I didn't want people doing something like "allow a*, allow b*, etc." to get around setting up a table of users. It also includes allowing any recipient with a specific address extension. Since I'm going to add delivery status checking soon (i.e. the system will see bounces), I'll work on turning this back on. The code is already in the filter, so I just need to add it back in the account control center.

The delivery status checking will look for bounces, warn you about them, and stop accepting mail for the domain if too many bounces are detected when our servers try to deliver a message. This is what the "Defer All" mode in the valid user table is really for, so you can reactivate the table after correcting the problem without having to contact us about it.

As soon as this is added back in, I'll post an update here.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

Conditional matching has been added. It supports four additional matching modes:

* begins with
* contains
* ends with
* has extension (as determined by the "Recipient Delimiter" setting)

Conditional matching is available on all paid accounts.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC