problem greylisting and IP address

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

wkuypers

problem greylisting and IP address

Post by wkuypers »

hello,

since the greylisting is testing not only the To and From, but also the IP address, I have problems getting mails through the greylisting. A big ISP as Skynet in Belgium uses 195.238.3.0-195.238.6.0 for there emails going out.
Everytime the mails get blocked. On top of that, if the mails is blocked in less than 30 secondes, the next retry is 1 or several hours later.
So my question is, we have the possibility to leave out the last octet, but can't we leave out the whole IP adresse; for me the greylisting was already very efficient without it.
thanks

Willem Kuypers
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

I can add an option to drop the last two octets; the system should be able to handle that without too much modification of the policy filter. I'll look in to it.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
wkuypers

Post by wkuypers »

glendale2x wrote:I can add an option to drop the last two octets; the system should be able to handle that without too much modification of the policy filter. I'll look in to it.

Great !
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

This feature has been added. The octet option in Greylisting has been changed to a selector that allows dropping the last two, last only, or none.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC