Redirecting email

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

sgupta

Redirecting email

Post by sgupta »

Hi,

I am moving and will likely be without internet access at home for a few weeks. Right now mail is directed from rollernet to my mail server running at home. Is it possible during this time for rollernet to forward my email to another email address?

the domain I am receiving email on, is not a publicly registred .com domain but a subdomain of a dynamic dns node hn.org.

Any help on how I can receive or check email during this downtime will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

sg
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

The service currently only talks to other SMTP servers. We have experimented with single-address redirection (i.e. take any mail incoming for a domain and forward it all to some email address), but the major problem is that the destination server will blame our servers for any spam that gets passed along if it is running any kind of filtering that reports to lists such as SpamCop.

The other service we're working on are standard POP3/IMAP/Webmail mailboxes. Mail would be delivered to these directly, where they could be checked with a webmail interface or a regular mail client using POP3 or IMAP.

How soon would you need this? We can probably go ahead and enable the address-forwarding feature (it's in the account manager, just hidden) now and refine some filtering requirements later. The only other catch is that we have a feature-freeze policy on the free accounts right now, and any new features would only fall under the paid accounts. (With exception of recipient maps because we're requiring their use.)
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC