Recipient map and delimiter question

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

mdunn

Recipient map and delimiter question

Post by mdunn »

Hi,

I have a question about how the delimiter is applied when using recipient maps. I have users that frequently use the user+extension@domain.tld format for email addresses. This is often time useful for sorting inbound email, when handing out your email address to e-commerce sites.

WRT recipient maps, I noticed that the manager dialogue states "allow if recipient matches exactly". Does this imply that an exact match is made after the delimeter and trailing text have been striped? As an example, email for user+extension, once striped, matches exactly the recipient map for user ?

Also, I have a number of local recipient map rules that match based on a PCRE ... any possibility of some sort of regex recipient map in the future?

Thanks!
Mike Dunn

PS I'm a big fan of this service :)
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

WRT recipient maps, I noticed that the manager dialogue states "allow if recipient matches exactly". Does this imply that an exact match is made after the delimeter and trailing text have been striped? As an example, email for user+extension, once striped, matches exactly the recipient map for user ?
Yes, that is correct; the matching takes place after the extension is removed.

Adding support for PCRE matching should actually be quite easy. I'll look into it.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
boomertsfx

Post by boomertsfx »

I second this request =) -- when a site asks for my email address, I use for example:

amazon.com@mydomain.com

that way if I get spam, I know how it got out. I want to change my mode from defer all, but it doesn't seem possible... ideas?

In postfix, I do the following instead of a wildcard address:

Code: Select all

/^.*\.com\@mydomain\.com$/        myaccount
-Graeme

P.S. Love the service!!