Courier and -'d email addresses

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

tresni

Courier and -'d email addresses

Post by tresni »

Anychance of wildcard support in the matching for the recipient maps? Courier MTA [ http://www.courier-mta.org ] allows for address containing a dash (-),such as tresni-spam1@example.org, to be deleivered to the user [noted before the dash, in this case tresni]. I use these extensively on my server, however I do not use catchall. So right now I have to try and remember every - I've ever used and any -something any of the people with mail on my system will use..

I saw in another post something about a learning version of this for paid accounts. Is this true? Might be what I need. If it is not there yet, will it have the ability to remove address from the "bad" list if they become valid later [for example I do not have a user john now, so if some mailed john I'm assuming this learning filter would add it to a bad list, but if I add john later, can I remove it from the bad list?]
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

Right now it drops + extensions; I can modify that to drop the - extensions too and just match on the left side.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

I saw in another post something about a learning version of this for paid accounts. Is this true? Might be what I need. If it is not there yet, will it have the ability to remove address from the "bad" list if they become valid later [for example I do not have a user john now, so if some mailed john I'm assuming this learning filter would add it to a bad list, but if I add john later, can I remove it from the bad list?]
I'm trying to shoot for releasing the auto-learning version by the end of the month. Otherwise, I will push back the deadline into December. The cache will be viewable and entries can be removed. Entries will also auto-expire after a configurable amount of time.

I will probably post the URL of the pre-release version in the announcements section to get some feedback before announcing it to everyone.
Roller Network LLC
tresni

Post by tresni »

glendale2x wrote:I'm trying to shoot for releasing the auto-learning version by the end of the month. Otherwise, I will push back the deadline into December. The cache will be viewable and entries can be removed. Entries will also auto-expire after a configurable amount of time.
Is this going to be a paid account only feature? If so I definately need to get a paid account.. I love the service, and it's not that I don't want to support you guys, but college + 3 kids == tight budget.
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Dropping extensions is basic enough that it will probably make it into the free version.
Roller Network LLC
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

The fix is ready, but I have to wait until later at night when the load dies down a bit to add it since it's a change to the filtering core.
Roller Network LLC
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

A preference has been added to the recipient maps feature that allows you to choose between +, -, or + and - for the delimiter.
Roller Network LLC