Problem with the dot character in recipient

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

djmulder

Problem with the dot character in recipient

Post by djmulder »

Hi,

When I try to add a recipient to the recipient maps like Bla.bla it fails and comes with the message: "The recipient map entered was invalid; please try again."

The same happens at account preferences when I enter Bla.bla@blabla.com (I want to change my contact addy too 'cause I'm gonna lose the one I'm using now)

DJ_M
djmulder

Post by djmulder »

Sorry for my ignorance but I just read:
We will be addressing "catch all" or "accept all" domains before recipient maps become required. A new mode will be added that will allow all messaged, but watch for any no such user rejections. If too many are detected - probably 50 to 100 per week - it will warn the account holder and stop accepting messages (with a "defer" message, not reject or drop) for that domain until the problem is fixed.
does this mean what I think it does? that all mail will still be redirected but if it get's too many tries on non existing users?

as I said :) sorry for my ignorance.. It probably seems so clear to everyone :)

kind regards,

DJ_M
xarly

Post by xarly »

Hi,

I have the same problem.

Some accounts have . character, eg.: user.something but when I try to enter in the maps it tells

The recipient map entered was invalid; please try again.

Can you correct this?
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

The . character should work; however, email addresses can't start or end with a . according to the RFC's.

I just tried it and it worked; perhaps it was broken when I accidentally broke the condition for single-character email addresses, but just fixed it.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

does this mean what I think it does? that all mail will still be redirected but if it get's too many tries on non existing users?
In catch-all mode, our servers will stop accepting messages for a particular domain if there are too many bounces. A "deny" rule can be added to the recipient map table for catch-all domains with a set of addresses that are blocked for whatever reason.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
djmulder

Post by djmulder »

glendale2x wrote:The . character should work; however, email addresses can't start or end with a . according to the RFC's.

I just tried it and it worked; perhaps it was broken when I accidentally broke the condition for single-character email addresses, but just fixed it.
thx :) and yes logical that it can't start with a . :)
glendale2x wrote:
In catch-all mode, our servers will stop accepting messages for a particular domain if there are too many bounces. A "deny" rule can be added to the recipient map table for catch-all domains with a set of addresses that are blocked for whatever reason.
ahh okay :) what I figured yet I phrased it badly *rereads* heh, thx

ps the past 2 days I'm having trouble with www.rollernet.us ... is there too much load atm?

DJ_Mulder