Recipient Maps - Defer Incoming ?

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

fmackie

Recipient Maps - Defer Incoming ?

Post by fmackie »

What does the option to defer incoming do on the recipent maps?
Does it just act like the greylisting function, if so how long does it defer until accept?

PS Over a year on, I'm still very please with your systems/options/uptime when you going to create some banners to add to my site :D

PPS Can you add the Recipient Maps option to :-https://acc.rollernet.us/mail/ :wink:

PPPS The system satus pages lose the top menus as if you hadn't logged in. :roll:

keep up the good work !
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

What does the option to defer incoming do on the recipent maps?
Does it just act like the greylisting function, if so how long does it defer until accept?
It will return a defer on any message, as long as it is set. "Defer All" will be the new default setting once recipient maps become a requirement, rather than rejecting outright. Also, if someone is using an "accept all" style domain and their server returns too many bad address rejections, the system will automatically switch to "defer all" mode and notify the account owner. It's probably not the mode you want to leave an operating domain name in, but it's there just in case. I leave a lot of control options in the account manager because people come up with ways or reasons to set things that I didn't think of.
PS Over a year on, I'm still very please with your systems/options/uptime when you going to create some banners to add to my site :D
The website needs a new design, too... but we've been busy build the hardware side of the network out and adding more features/services to the system. I intend to have something (including a updated website) by the end of the year.
PPS Can you add the Recipient Maps option to :-https://acc.rollernet.us/mail/ :wink:
Links have been added to the domain control table.
PPPS The system satus pages lose the top menus as if you hadn't logged in. :roll:
That page is on a different server right now, but I can move it into the account control center.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC