How do I send and recieve emails using the SMTP redirection?

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

usalabs

How do I send and recieve emails using the SMTP redirection?

Post by usalabs »

I've been running an email server quite succesfully for 1 month using mail express in conjunction with merak, but now the trial period is over for mail express, I would like to be able to know how I can use the SMTP redirection of rollernet to send and recieve emails using my email server, as my isp does block port 25, I have set up an account with rollernet using port 2050, and also setup my SMTP service in merak to use port 2050, but emails sent from the web interface of the mail server can not send mails, nor can the server recieve them from any other email address.

E.G.

testmail@mydomain.com (email server account), testmail2@isp.com (external address)

mail sent to testmail account from testmail2 does not get recieved, and mail sent from testmail to testmail2 does not get sent.

The MX record is correctly setup to point to mail.rollernet.us and mail2.rollernet.us

How do I get the mail server to send and recieve emails, either to accounts on the server or to external accounts on other servers?

If anyone would like to test it, the web interface address is http://webmail.tezandbabs.us using the login details :-

email address = testaccount@tezandbabs.us
password = testaccount
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

The ability to send messages using our servers on alternate ports (i.e. smarthost or relayhost) is not yet available. This feature is currently in the planning stages while we work on minimizing the risk of service abuse by spammers.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC