Secondary MX unable to find relay

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

guido331

Secondary MX unable to find relay

Post by guido331 »

I'm getting: "deferred (unable to find primary relay for TexasBenefitsAssociation.com)" when I look at the logs for my domain. The mail server for this domain is definitely up and running right now. Is there something I'm missing? I try to release the messages queued up and I watch the SMTP log on the mail server for TexasBenefitsAssociation.com and see absolutely nothing come across.
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
guido331

What exactly is broken?

Post by guido331 »

So what exactly do I need to change? In the MX section of the DNS report there appear to be only two things wrong. The first one is a warining that I only have 1 MX record. This was done on purpose yesterday to try to temporarily bandaid this problem. I removed the mail.rollernet.us and mail2.rollernet.us backup MX records to try and get mail flowing again.

The second error message says: "None of your mail server(s) seem to have reverse DNS (PTR) entries." I did the reverse DNS lookup as recommended by the error message and everything seems OK.

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ptr.ch?ip ... iation.com.

The reverse DNS traversal looks OK too:

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/traversal ... a&type=PTR

The only other error in the DNS report you posted is the Mail section where it says: "ERROR: I could not complete a connection to any of your mailservers!" I absolutely know for a fact my mailserver is up and running and listening on port 25. I have a couple of other domain names pointing to this same IP and mail to them works just fine. Is there something else I need to be checking?
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

The MX record reads "www.texasbenefitsassociation", which is an invalid domain. It needs a ".com" added to the end of it.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
guido331

Post by guido331 »

Doh:!:

Fixed it on register.com and awaiting replication...