Automatically releasing mail queue

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

jonfry

Automatically releasing mail queue

Post by jonfry »

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for providing this amazing service. I host my own web site on my dsl connection with a dynamic IP address using No-Ip's dynamic IP resolution and Roller Network's solution is perfect for giving my emails a better chance of arriving when my connection is having a bad day!

I set up my Roller Network account a couple of days ago and changed my DNS to reflect the secondary MX servers. I switched off my mail server and sent a few messages to make sure they were directed to Roller Network's secondary MX servers.

They arrived but there seems to be 3 emails still stuck in the mail queue as shown on the mail queue status page but after 24 hours they haven't been delivered to my primary mail server. I manually released 3 emails to make sure this directed them to my server and they arrived OK but the others don't seem to have been sent automatically.

I have read a few similar posts in the forums regarding releasing the queue. I'd appreciate some advice please, the emails are only test ones but I'd like to see them arrive.

my domains are:
jonfry.net
media.cliopse.co.uk

Thanks in anticipation.

Jon.
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

The queue status display in the account manager is not updated when a message is automatically released from the queue; it is possible for it to indicate messages waiting when, in fact, the queue is empty. The status display is synchronized with the actual status of the queue when a flush is requested.

After going through the logs for the two domains you indicated, delivery was attempted for all messages received. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks!
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC