SMARTHOST

New ideas and constructive comments go here.

Moderator: Moderators

jaytee50

SMARTHOST

Post by jaytee50 »

my mailserver allows me to specify a smarthost; will this service become available?
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

Yes, we intend to offer such a service. The specifics are still in the planning stages in order to provide relaying and prevent (or at least limit) possible abuse by spammers. Once we complete our new datacenter (with multihomed circuits), the Roller Network will be in a much better position to offer these kind of services.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
gsantos

Post by gsantos »

Any news about smtp relaying? I need this service ASAP.
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Are you more interested in a service intended to be used by a mail server (smarthost or relayhost) or something that can be used by a mail client (SMTP AUTH)?
Roller Network LLC
gsantos

Post by gsantos »

Both would do. Right now I use SMTP AUTH with my isp, but they are stopping the service. I intend to change to a smarthost model since I have already my "smtp in" server listening on a nos standard port (adsl with port 25 blocked) and it would be easy to use the same host for "smtp out".
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Both Postfix and Sendmail support smarthost/relayhost with SMTP AUTH, so that's what I will work on implementing. I'm not too familiar with other mail servers, but most modern ones should be able to act as an SMTP AUTH client.
Roller Network LLC
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Do you know if your ISP blocks port 587? This is the port we will most likely end up using for smarthost/relayhost service.
Roller Network LLC