Need mail queues redirected

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

guido331

Need mail queues redirected

Post by guido331 »

I'm not sure where to ask for this kind of help so I'm posting here...

I have several domains hosted with RollerNet that I need the queue contents forwarded to an external email address. I have the domain modes set to "Forward All to Email Address" but when I click on queue status and then deliver I don't see any emails in the target address.

Any suggestions?
Seth
Site Admin

Re: Need mail queues redirected

Post by Seth »

Messages in the queue unfortunately can't be redirected to any external email addresses, only to another SMTP destination such as another SMTP server or hosted mail box (using hosted mail mode). Once a message is queued it can only continue on to an SMTP target. The only modes that are SMTP targets are: SMTP Redirection, Hosted Mail Domain, and Secondary MX. Forwarding is a before-queue intercept where a copy is sent to separate forwarding servers for handling.

It's technically possible to do some trickery by combining hosted mail boxes and Sieve rules to redirect to an external email address, but we don't have instructions for that or would be able to support such a thing due to the complexity. Otherwise, we recommend using Mail Mirrors to preemptively hold mail in a readily accessible place in case it's needed in an emergency.
Seth Mattinen, Roller Network LLC