DNS updates from ns8.zoneedit.com

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

fmackie

DNS updates from ns8.zoneedit.com

Post by fmackie »

I have been having trouble getting the ns2.rollernetX.Xus to get updates for mrmackieX.Xname, mrmackieX.Xinfo and mutehamX.Xinfo.

All come from ns8.zoneditX.Xcom and I have only noticed since you moved ns2 to new IP number.

They did have zone transfer restrictions, but since I noticed, I have removed these.

The ns1.rollernetX.Xus works correctly and always has!

Once noticed, I have:-

1. Inactivated the domains within your account management.
2. Deleted the domains within your account management.
3. Changed the SOA, which I have learnt will not help, based on your notify only rules.
By the way why does the domain revert to the old serial number even after it has been deleted for a few hours.

I don't think this is an issue with your name server, but an issue with ns8.zoneeditX.Xcom as my other (5) domain's from ns14.zoneeditX.Xcom work, I am only asking for you to check your logs for the above. As it happens the free ones, from zoneedit, are all located on ns14.zoneeditX.X.com and the ones I pay for are on ns8.zoneeditX.Xcom, but this could because these are .name and .info's.

Please remove the X's from domain names, sorry I don't like entering the true domains.

PS Keep up the good work!
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

First, I apologize for the long delay in responding. Here's the two errors that I'm seeing in the logs for ns2.rollernet.us:

Code: Select all

Apr 20 01:39:25 shiny named[14859]: zone mrmackie.x/IN: refresh: failure trying master 206.55.124.4#53: timed out
and

Code: Select all

Apr 20 06:19:06 shiny named[14859]: transfer of 'mrmackie.x/IN' from 206.55.124.4#53: resetting
Apr 20 06:19:06 shiny named[14859]: transfer of 'mrmackie.x/IN' from 206.55.124.4#53: failed while receiving responses: REFUSED
Apr 20 06:19:06 shiny named[14859]: transfer of 'mrmackie.x/IN' from 206.55.124.4#53: end of transfer
The first error (timeout) is definitely a problem with their end, while the second one is a result of some access rule forbidding a zone transfer to us. I'm guessing the zone transfer restriction change didn't take, because I'm still getting the "refused" error.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
fmackie

Post by fmackie »

You where right about the restirctions not working, I have added them again and now things work.
Thanks very much for you help, you do a very good job !