SMTP Redirection Service Filtered?

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

guido331

SMTP Redirection Service Filtered?

Post by guido331 »

Hi,

Quick question... I have the MX records of one of my domains that receives lots of spam pointed to both RollerNet MX servers with the intention of using RollerNet as my primary mail filter. I also have the domain setup for SMTP redirection and have it pointed to my public IP address for delivery to my mail servers. In other words, mail goes from the public internet, to the RollerNet MX servers, and then to my mail servers. With this configuration, is mail bound for that domain scanned using SpamAssassin and anti-virus before it is delivered to my mail servers? (assuming I have those scanning options enabled on that domain in ACC) Also, is this configuration even allowed? (I don't want to violate any terms of service or anything like that)

Thanks!
Seth
Site Admin

Re: SMTP Redirection Service Filtered?

Post by Seth »

Primary mail filtering is one of the common uses of our service; it's perfectly acceptable. The level of filtering is up to you through the account control center settings.
Seth Mattinen, Roller Network LLC
guido331

Post by guido331 »

Does email bound for a domain using SMTP redirection get scanned using SpamAssassin and anti-virus (assuming those scanning options are enabled in ACC)?
Seth
Site Admin

Post by Seth »

guido331 wrote:Does email bound for a domain using SMTP redirection get scanned using SpamAssassin and anti-virus (assuming those scanning options are enabled in ACC)?
Yes.

https://acc.rollernet.us/help/mail/spamassassin.php
Seth Mattinen, Roller Network LLC