spamassassin custom scores

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

dstutz

spamassassin custom scores

Post by dstutz »

I have been getting some spam emails slipping past spamassassin and they all seem to have "DRUGS_ERECTILE" show up as a test. They are not scoring high enough to hit the threshold (which I've already lowered to 3). I went into the custom scores section and try to set a high value for that test and the web interface tells me the test doesn't exist. What am I doing wrong, or, what test do I have to increase the score for to make messages like the ones below disappear.

From the headers:

Code: Select all

X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.2.5 (2008-06-10) on mail.rollernet.us
X-Spam-Level: **
X-Spam-Status: No, score=2.8 required=3.0 tests=DRUGS_ERECTILE,HTML_MESSAGE,
	RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET,SPF_PASS autolearn=disabled version=3.2.5
Also, is there any way to alphabetize the list of rules in the combobox? It's really hard to see if one is in the list and where it is with them all mixed up.

Thanks,
Dave
Seth
Site Admin

Re: spamassassin custom scores

Post by Seth »

dstutz wrote:I have been getting some spam emails slipping past spamassassin and they all seem to have "DRUGS_ERECTILE" show up as a test. They are not scoring high enough to hit the threshold (which I've already lowered to 3). I went into the custom scores section and try to set a high value for that test and the web interface tells me the test doesn't exist. What am I doing wrong, or, what test do I have to increase the score for to make messages like the ones below disappear.
I just took a quick look at the Spamassassin test list and didn't find it there; that's why the web interface rejects it. I'll have to look into that a bit more.
dstutz wrote:Also, is there any way to alphabetize the list of rules in the combobox? It's really hard to see if one is in the list and where it is with them all mixed up.
Probably, yes. Right now it just uses the test list from the Spamassassin website in the order it is presented.

I'm in the process of testing the new 3.3.0 version, so I'll look in to these issues as well.
Seth Mattinen, Roller Network LLC
Seth
Site Admin

Post by Seth »

dstutz wrote:From the headers:

Code: Select all

X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.2.5 (2008-06-10) on mail.rollernet.us
X-Spam-Level: **
X-Spam-Status: No, score=2.8 required=3.0 tests=DRUGS_ERECTILE,HTML_MESSAGE,
	RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET,SPF_PASS autolearn=disabled version=3.2.5
I've added the missing test to the list. You should be able to add a custom score for it now.
Seth Mattinen, Roller Network LLC
dstutz

Post by dstutz »

Quick response from you guys as usual!! Thanks!