Port 25 Blocked

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

deathrock

Port 25 Blocked

Post by deathrock »

Hello,

Thanks for your great support :D

The last year, I was using my own email server (more than 200mails/day) but from January my ISP has blocked port 25 in/out.

I'm now using your service (SMTP Redirection) and I found it's very great, I've also donated some money.

But I have 1 question :
I can't use the ETRN command because my ISP block in the two ways, how can I run an ETRN command ?

Is your mail server run on another port than 25 ?
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

We only have servers listening on port 25 at the moment. There are two options:

I've just added a queue display to the account manager that allows you to manually flush the queues. All it really does is send an ETRN with a web interface. This is available as of yesterday under the "Resource Access" section.

I can set up an ETRN-only alternate port. I'll look into this over the weekend. I can't think of anything offhand that would prevent setting up a listner on a port other than 25 (perhaps 2525, or 587, or something).

Also on the table is alternate port submission services for outgoing SMTP in port 25 blocked environments; basically just like the SMTP redirection in reverse. It's still on the "pending" table because spammers like these kind of things and I need to come up with some security and anti-spam reporting stuff.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
deathrock

Post by deathrock »

glendale2x wrote:We only have servers listening on port 25 at the moment. There are two options:

I've just added a queue display to the account manager that allows you to manually flush the queues. All it really does is send an ETRN with a web interface. This is available as of yesterday under the "Resource Access" section.

I can set up an ETRN-only alternate port. I'll look into this over the weekend. I can't think of anything offhand that would prevent setting up a listner on a port other than 25 (perhaps 2525, or 587, or something).

Also on the table is alternate port submission services for outgoing SMTP in port 25 blocked environments; basically just like the SMTP redirection in reverse. It's still on the "pending" table because spammers like these kind of things and I need to come up with some security and anti-spam reporting stuff.
Ok, thanks for your answer.
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

I've set up a SMTP listener on port 2525 that will accept ETRN commands to release the queue for any domain in the account manager.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
deathrock

Post by deathrock »

glendale2x wrote:I've set up a SMTP listener on port 2525 that will accept ETRN commands to release the queue for any domain in the account manager.
Thanks for your great support :D