smtpauth not over port 25

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

joob77

smtpauth not over port 25

Post by joob77 »

hello,

I want to use the mail forwarding option for mail servers over another port then 25. I have configurd it over the default port and all works well, but when I want to use, say 587 or 2525, the etrn delivery doesn't work.

Question: how can i use another port?

Greetz,
Joost
Greetz,
Joost
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

Do you mean trying to get our AUTH server (smtpauth.rollernet.us) to connect to a destination server on a port other than 25? We're not quite sure what you're trying to accomplish since AUTH, mail forwarding, and ETRN are all unrelated to each other.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
joob77

smtpauth

Post by joob77 »

Ok, maybe I am mixing something up...

What I mean is that I want a relay server for my incoming and outgoing mail over another port then port 25, for example port 587.

It is my assumption that I must use smtpauth.rollernet.us... and that the ETRN button pushes the mail to my mailserver... sorry for that.

Thanks,
Joost
Greetz,
Joost
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

Incoming and outgoing mail are treated separately.

For incoming mail, you set the MX records for your domain to our mail servers and use SMTP Redirection to redirect it to the designated server on an alternate port. This is configured at:
https://acc.rollernet.us/mail/

For outgoing mail submission (SMTP AUTH) you need to configure your mail server to submit messages to smtpauth.rollernet.us using an authorized account. It will accept submissions on several ports, including port 587. This is configured at:
https://acc.rollernet.us/mail/outbound.php
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
joob77

Post by joob77 »

Hello,

Thanks so much for your reply. Now i've configured the ports right and it's working!!

Thanks again for your help on this one.

Greetz,
joost
Greetz,
Joost