Rollernet blocked by spamcop??

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

maxfloden

Rollernet blocked by spamcop??

Post by maxfloden »

1) I just checked my mail server and on any email relayed from rollernet.us it says "host blocked by spamcop". Has rollernet been blocked by spamcop?? I have removed my spamcop checking at my mail server and email seems to be working again.

2) Is there anyway the emails that have been denied by my mail server can be resent (now that I have disable spamcop checking) or are they gone forever?

Thanks.
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

It does appear that mail.rollernet.us was listed by SpamCop. I don't know for how long because is isn't listed anymore, but SenderBase (http://www.senderbase.org/?searchBy=ipa ... .118.43.92) still has it as listed in SpamCop so I know that it was.

So one of our servers was listed for unknown reasons, but now it's not. I suspect that somebody (probably someone who uses our mail services) reported something as spam without realizing how secondary MX or SMTP redirection really works. However, I can't find any reports,history, or evidence that SpamCop had any of our IP addresses in their blacklist aside from that SenderBase report.

Anything that bounced with a 5xx reject can't be recovered, since once it was rejected it was bounced back to the source and removed from the queue.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
maxfloden

Post by maxfloden »

Thanks for quick reply as always.

Hopefully it was just for a while yesterday because I did recieve a few emails yesterday before I noticed rollernet was blocked by spamcop. But what you're saying is that the sender of bounced email got them returned so they know it bounced?

My mail server (Mercury) allows me to set blacklist and whitelist servers and also specify ip-addresses of trusted smtp servers. What ip's should I add as trusted servers for rollernet?
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

Yes, the sender would get a bounce. I usually check the openrbl.org lookups on the mail servers at least once a day to make sure nothing bad is happening. Although there's nothing I can do about what happened, I do have a few ideas to make the mail servers hold messages instead of rejecting them if they are listed and wait until they are de-listed before releasing the messages.

The IP blocks of our servers/routers are:
67.118.43.88/29
69.111.250.80/29

The mail servers themselves are:
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
maxfloden

Post by maxfloden »

Thank you.