Sieve filtering after Forwarding

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

minsk

Sieve filtering after Forwarding

Post by minsk »

My domain is set up as "Hosted Mailboxes". Mail Forwarding is set up as "Normal Delivery with Maps". I am forwarding postmaster@domain to a regular mailbox maxim@domain.
I'd like to use Sieve to file those messages into a subfolder "postmaster". Unfortunately, I can't use "Delivered-To" header, because it shows "maxim@domain". And "To", "Cc" headers are unreliable, because what if postmaster@domain was in "Bcc", which doesn't show in headers?
Is there any way to accomplish what I want?
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

You are correct. We do the same thing with alias like "admin" to forward to our "support" box. In the case of Bcc, there's no indication (other than buried in early "Received" headers) that the message was destined for the pre-forward address. We already add a header "X-Rollernet-FwdBox" that contains the forwarding destination; we can look in to modifying it so it contains the source as well.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

We've added source information to the "X-Rollernet-FwdBox" and "X-Rollernet-FwdTo" headers. The header format is "source@example.com->destination@example.net".

We tested the header with this Sieve condition:

Code: Select all

header :contains "X-Rollernet-FwdBox" "source@example.com->"
(Note the inclusion of the "->" to force a source match.)
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC