gmail.com users not receiving some email

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

candrews

gmail.com users not receiving some email

Post by candrews »

I recently changed from my smtp smart host from comcast (my ISP) to rollernet (cause you guys rock). Ever since, it seems that some of my domain's email doesn't reach the intended recipient at gmail.com.

For example, if I sent email from my address (candrews(AT)integralblue(DOT)com) to my friend at gmail.com, he receives it.

If I send from trac(AT)integralblue(DOT)com to my friend at gmail.com, he never received it. According to the mail logs on your site, it seems gmail.com accepted the message. One such message that was never received went through your system at 2008-11-09 23:07:03 GMT-5.

I reason that my system must be properly configured, as when I use comcast, the email is received. Can you help me out? Thank you!
candrews

Never mind!

Post by candrews »

I had set the valid user table to "auto-learn" and didn't realize the valid user table is also used on outgoing email.
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

We do a basic reverse verification on the sender email address (the MAIL FROM) for all messages submitted to our outgoing mail service. If it passes, we accept the message, otherwise it's denied. The idea is to prevent submissions using invalid email addresses and/or domains. The error message from our auth server if this check fails would be "Sender address rejected: undeliverable address"
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC