Sorry, I am foreigner :) i.e. UTF-8 characters in my profile

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

mikrub

Sorry, I am foreigner :) i.e. UTF-8 characters in my profile

Post by mikrub »

Dear staff,
I'd really need to have my company name and address in my invoices written in Chinese characters, otherwise i cannot use such invoices as expenses (tax-wise).
When i try to write 北京 or whatever else in https://acc.rollernet.us/account/preferences.php, the form submits correctly but every non-ASCII character simply disappears.
Could you please have a look?
Thanks a lot,

Michele
uid: mikrub
mikrub

Post by mikrub »

See, in the forum the Chinese characters are still there :)
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

There was a long standing issue with the Authorize.net card processor dying on non-ascii characters so we just stripped them out rather than investigating in-depth at the time. We'll revisit this issue.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
mikrub

Post by mikrub »

Hi,
I would need this in the "Street address", "City" and "Company" fields of the preferences page, while the creditcard details can be ascii.
Thanks again, ciao

Michele
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

We've made the changes required for UTF-8 support. We're in the process of testing a few things before we release the changes.
Roller Network LLC
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

UTF-8 support has been added to our control center. In particular, all of the billing related fields should be UTF-8 safe, and we have changed all general encoding to UTF-8 as well. Please let us know if you have any problems with our implementation. Thanks!
Roller Network LLC
mikrub

Post by mikrub »

It works, thanks a lot!
sttng359

Post by sttng359 »

Just as a minor side note, I had to instruct my browser to use UTF-8 in order to see the Chinese characters as the webpage has a meta tag in it instructing the browser to use iso-8859-1.
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Which part? The account control center or somewhere else?
Roller Network LLC
sttng359

Post by sttng359 »

Actually, I was just referring to the forums which seem to have an explicit meta tag declaring the encoding to be iso-8859-1. The AAC and all webpages available under https:// seem to advertise utf-8 for their encoding in the HTTP Content-type header, however, all static pages under http:// do not report an encoding and my Firefox browser auto-detects the encoding to be iso-8859-1. I made the above comment because on this post, I had to change the page encoding to UTF-8 for the original authors Chinese characters to show up correctly.
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

We modified the meta tag language template for the forums to UTF-8 instead of iso-8859-1 (their default for "English" mode).
Roller Network LLC