account type clarification please

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

sgrayban

account type clarification please

Post by sgrayban »

In your last announcement about the new account types you say
Unlimited number of domain names and subdomains
However when I look at them I see limits to the numbers of domains for each account type.

Which is correct?
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

They aren't real limits, they're guidelines.

The only thing we actually look at is the amount of bandwidth used by each account. Most people have no idea what that amount may be, so the domain/users is a rough estimate to what can equate to that much bandwidth under average conditions we've observed.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Having said that, the only account level we're strict about are free accounts - anyone with a free account does not have the right to interfere with the quality of service for paying customers.
Roller Network LLC
sgrayban

Post by sgrayban »

Ok. I'm a paying customer and my account is well below the bandwidth threshold.

Thanks.
Ubile

Post by Ubile »

I am using a free basic account. It is recommended to use this account type with less than 2MB of mail per day. Normally the Rollernet Secondary MX receives 0MB of mail for me. Actually my primary mail server was not down for over two years. But if he goes down there will be much more than 2MB for sure (perhaps over 100MB).
Are this 2MB a hard limit so that the first mail after reaching the limit is not accepted? If not, is there are real higher hard limit or have I to exceed the limit perhaps more than once?
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Free accounts are hard limited as soon as it hits 2 MB. Paid accounts do not share this limitation.
Roller Network LLC
Ubile

Post by Ubile »

Paid accounts are recommended e.g. for 100MB of mail. If there aren't hard limits, how do you "force" customers to change to higher accounts?
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

The 100 MB limit is treated as a daily average over the course of a month. If you use, on average, over 100MB per day, we'll ask someone to upgrade. If they won't, we add a hard limit only on their account to encourage them, because we've brought it to their attention and they answered by refusing to upgrade. We don't feel it's fair to turn someone off just because their mail load goes over the recommended limit a couple times a month, but if it happens all the time, that's an indicator that it's time to upgrade. The goal of the system is to be flexible, not see your mail suddenly stop one day because it's busy.
Roller Network LLC