user cache in auto-learn incorrect

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

wkuypers

user cache in auto-learn incorrect

Post by wkuypers »

Hello,

I have a domain mocbxl.be for which the cached user table is incorrect. The feature is working correctly, so the valid the users get their mail, but when I have a look in the Valid User table, I just have one user, in stead of about 10 valid addresses. There has to be a bug somewhere.

Thanks,
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

Thanks; we'll take a look at it.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Okay, we found the bug. The slaves aren't syncing with the master when a cache entry is pruned. Once the expiration date is reached, the records were pruned from the master, but they're still on the slaves. Since the mail servers only query the slaves, they see the entry is still there and don't send a request to add it to the cache again.

We'll need to fix the bug, then repopulate the tables with the data from the master tables. Once that's done, the slaves will start submitting updates since the expired data won't be there anymore. Also, a quick fix to force a sync now is to click the "Clear Cache" button.
Roller Network LLC
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

We believe the problem has now been fixed and the address cache tables are synchronized; please let us know if you have any more questions regarding this issue. Thanks!
Roller Network LLC
wkuypers

Post by wkuypers »

OK, the emails are now visible in the manager.
glendale2x wrote:We believe the problem has now been fixed and the address cache tables are synchronized; please let us know if you have any more questions regarding this issue. Thanks!