mail doma disabled

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

meddaugh

mail doma disabled

Post by meddaugh »

I got this email that disabled my domain since my mail server rejected a message:

The error message that caused a bounce was:

bounced (host 72.230.171.160[72.230.171.160] said: 501 5.1.7 Syntax error in mailbox address "wildestmanqu?@abcr.com"
(non-printable character) (in reply to MAIL FROM command))

My mail server rejected it due to non-printable characters in the from address. I run the latest version of sendmail. I trust the rollernet servers, but the "from" address was not properly formatted.....can rollernet first block these messages? This is the 1st time it's happened in about 1 year, but I don't want to have my domain disabled again.

Thanks.

---Eric
meddaugh

Post by meddaugh »

This just happened again, this time to another domain I have:

bounced (host 72.230.171.160[72.230.171.160] said: 501 5.1.7 Syntax error in mailbox address
"client?lesspeedboat@cryingmail.com" (non-printable character) (in reply to MAIL FROM command))

This seeming to be a common problem now. My domain gets disabled due to this. What can be done to fix it?

Thanks.
dstutz

Post by dstutz »

Set up a catch-all on your server so it never rejects anything from rollernet or set up the correct user list on rollernet so it will only accept valid email that your server will accept.
meddaugh

Post by meddaugh »

I did do that. However apparently sendmail cannot handle some characters coming in that the rollernet servers can handle.

---Eric
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

We now have a global rule for rejecting non-printable characters; there haven't been any further reports of this error since then.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC