Problems Registering for a New Account

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

pedrito

Problems Registering for a New Account

Post by pedrito »

hi :)

First of all, thanks in advance for offering such a service (NS/MX backups) because such offers are very rare on the www.

I've tried to register my new account twice, using different mail accounts (hotmail.com and my own chatnet.eu.org) and waited like 30 minutes.
No email came from rollernet.us with the confirmation Key.
If you can verify, the usernames used were "pedrito" and "plmrito".

I would like if you could, to reset those and to tell me how i can solve the problem.
No blacklist is/was used so i don't know why your email was rejected in both email accounts. Probably is a local error and the email was never sent?

Your's Sincerly,

Pedro Matos Rito
Chatnet.EU.ORG admin
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

It looks like yet more spam causing some delay in queue processing... so the next addition to the table will be limiting connections/messages per minute from hosts to help stop dictionary attacks.

I checked through the logs and it looks like the confirmations should have been delivered to you by now. If not, let me know and I'll send it to you manually.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
pedrito

Post by pedrito »

glendale2x wrote:It looks like yet more spam causing some delay in queue processing... so the next addition to the table will be limiting connections/messages per minute from hosts to help stop dictionary attacks.

I checked through the logs and it looks like the confirmations should have been delivered to you by now. If not, let me know and I'll send it to you manually.

Yes i received it just now (19/12/2004; 03:11am GMT+00)
Thank you for your reply...
I guess without government measures to put some control on SPAM we will never get rid of it...
Don't spammers realize that by pissing customers off with their never ending trash that people won't buy what they're trying to sell?

I'm trying to fight spam myself and it seems it's never enough...

Again thank you :)

Pedro Matos Rito