css causing me odd dropdown select issues, i think

Need help? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

tildar

css causing me odd dropdown select issues, i think

Post by tildar »

I'm not 100 % positive this is the place to this, but here goes...

This has been a "minor problem" for some time when using rollernet. The drop down select boxes do not work corectly the first time I click them, they pause/hang for a time, eventualy letitng me click a second time to get it to drop down. It dose this to me with every dropdown on the site.

In digging to be sure it was not just an issues on my end I turned off the "page style" to find that they work fine with no style, but then the site looses all it color, is hard to read, and such.

This leads me to think the the css for the site is my problem.

Can someone validate the site css using:

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

and see if we can fix any of problems listed. It might help fix my problem, and would be a good thing to have done anyway.

Thanks in advance
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

The only thing we use CSS for is colors and very basic fonts. Thre were a lot of warnings from the validator about colors, but those are gone after adding "color: inherit;" everywhere background-color was used. You can just run http://acc.rollernet.us in the validator. Every page uses the same template.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
tildar

Post by tildar »

Thanks, I willl see if it helps any with the drop downs.

OK, at first I thought it was still broken, but then realised that I had the old css still caught in my proxy. After forcing it to retrieve the new version the problem was cleared up.

My bet is that it was mostly that odd // that was in the .notice section, but who knows for sure. The cleaner css is always a good thing to have.

I did notice that all the form entry point are no longer changing to a "post-it note yellow" anymore. I would have noted that as part of the problem, but I thought it was by design.

Thanks for the quick turn around on this minor issue for me, it is now a pleasure to use the site without that annoyance.
RollerNetSupport
Site Admin

Post by RollerNetSupport »

I did notice that all the form entry point are no longer changing to a "post-it note yellow" anymore. I would have noted that as part of the problem, but I thought it was by design.
It could have been the problem; I pulled it (in addition to cleaning up the warnings) just in case it was since it's not providing any critical information anyway.
Technical Support support@rollernet.us
Roller Network LLC
sgrayban

Post by sgrayban »

I was having the same problem but I thought it was firefox doing it.

Glad it's fixed and wasn't FF.